About the Museum
The building of the breakwaters has been an extensive project in the history of Berlevåg, starting in 1913. A railway was constructed to transport stone from the quarry. Around 1960 the tetrapods were adopted providing strong breakwaters for protection of the harbour in Berlevåg. A tetrapod is a four-legged concrete structure used as armour unit on breakwaters. The tetrapod's shape is designed to dissipate the force of incoming waves.